Does this work?

Developer
Oct 21, 2008 at 4:45 AM
Before I waste any more time, can anyone confirm if this is a completed and works-as-advertised project?

After following the documentation I get

"The type or namespace name 'Test' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
"The type or namespace name 'TestFixture' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I've added the Reference to Roaster.Core, and included a "using Roaster.Core".

If I say "using Roaster.Core.Reflection;" the complaint about "TestFixture" changes to "Roaster.Core.Reflection.TestFixture" is not an attribute class".  So it finds a class by that name which does not extend System.Attribute.

Not much activity here so I'm fearing this thing doesn't work at all :(

Developer
Oct 21, 2008 at 6:49 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2008 at 6:51 AM
Yes it works. These were my noobie hurdles...

1) Add these headers to BankAccountTests.cs
using Roaster.Core;
using Roaster.Core.Attributes;
using Roaster.FirstApp.Business;
2) Don't forget to deploy the testrunner CAB onto the emulator/device.
I got it onto the emulator by sharing a directory File->Configure->Shared folder
If you restart the emulator image you have to reinstall the CAB of course.
I suppose I get it onto the device with activesync.

3) Which file to run?
Set the unitTest project as the startup project, not the 'business' project.
If you're getting a message on your desktop saying it can't find the runner then check you've installed the CAB and where it is; Start external program "\program files\roaster unit test runner\roaster.client.runner.exe" worked for me (no quotes).

However I had some difficulty working out what to pass as the filename to the runner via "Command line arguments". In the end I've set the Build->Output path to the shared folder so I could see what the heck it was deploying from the luxury of my desktop. Thus my command line arguments are "\storage card\Roaster.FirstApp.UnitTest.dll" (with quotes).

Tada! Unit tests. Awesome. Sorry I ever doubted you.

Now if I can work out how to drop messages into the test output panes I'll be truly stoked.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Glad it finally worked for you!
Sorry for the "abandoned" look of the project, you're right there's not much activity anymore.
This project is something I wrote for my team at the company I work for and it met the goal as it is. It's in fact used everyday by 14 developers.
I just wanted to share it because it was very nice for us to write unit tests for the handhelds and I wanted someone else to get the same benefit.
If you're using it and works for you, I met my goal!

If you made any improve share it back here I just added you as contributor.

Cheers
:-)